Since 1991, SouthFair’s mission has been to provide sustainable housing for low and moderate income families through multifamily, single family, economic development and connectivity of social services.
FREE Homebuyer Counseling Services
SouthFair has continued to help potential homeowners become “mortgage ready,” even during the pandemic. The pandemic hasn’t stopped us from continuing to provide FREE homebuyer counseling services. Our route to providing services may have changed but the quality of services and consistent communication has stayed the same.
Our Homebuyer Counseling Services provide:
- Assistance on how to read credit reports, clearing up any discrepancies and ways to improve your credit scores
- Preparation for individuals and families to work a mortgage lender and having the necessary documents which saves time reduces stress levels for a new process
- Guidance in establishing a strong homebuyer savings account
- Removes intimidation from the homebuying process
SouthFair also offers various Post Purchase Workshops. Our workshop season normally starts in October and ends in June. These workshops are held mid-mornings on a Saturday. We offer light refreshments and door prizes. Just a few of the type of workshops we offer are:
- Financial Literacy/Money Management Workshops for Kids, Teen, Adults, & Seniors.
- Budgeting & Maintaining for Your Home
- IRS, Taxes, & Savings
- Home Equity & Property Value
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Insurance (auto/home/life)
- Wealth Building
- Community Building
Please know that we have many folks that participate in our workshops that aren’t homeowners just yet. It’s never too early to start thinking like a homeowner! We encourage homeowners and renters to participate. If you know someone that can benefit from these services please share with them, have them contact us or visit our social media pages for more information. Don’t forget to “like” us! HABLAMOS ESPANOL.